When you make an investment in your home by installing hardwood floors, it is important that you properly care for your floors. Here are some tips for maintaining beautiful hardwood floors.
- Vacuum or sweep to remove particles that could scratch the hardwood floor. Vacuums with a beater bar or power rotary brush head can cause damage and should never be used.
- Apply the Hardwood Flooring Cleaner directly to the mop pad, not the hardwood floor.
- Use a back and forth motion with the mop. When the mop pad becomes soiled, replace it with a clean one. Using a soiled cover could cause streaking. The covers are re-usable – simply wash and dry it as you would any towel.
- Never wet or damp mop – water can cause damage to hardwood flooring.
- Never use oil soaps, wax, liquid detergent or other household products to clean the hardwood floor.
- If the hardwood floor gets scratched or dull, repairs can often be made using repair accessories. Contact the installing subcontractor for information.
If the appearance of the hardwood floor becomes dulled by the effect of soil, use a Hardwood Flooring Cleaner and a specialty terry cloth or microfiber flooring mop available from most retailers. If in doubt of how to clean your hardwood floor, contact Harman Home Designs and we will be glad to answer any questions.